Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A decision

I wrote last week about how I had gone to the doctor and the verdict was super high BP and a fast heart rate (106). I know this is very likely caused by the fact that I'm overweight. Well, I've been paying attention to my body this week, and they are right about the heart rate thing all right.

Sometimes I'll just be sitting still, or laying in bed, and I can feel my heart rate accelerate. Not good. As I was laying in bed last night I came to the conclusion that I need to get off of caffeine. Seriously.

Now, I'm not a caffeine addict. I promise. In fact, I don't drink coffee, I rarely drink tea when it isn't freezing outside, and I have whittled myself off of soda almost completely. However, there are some times, no matter what I try, that I just find myself needing a soda. A Mt Dew. Dr Pepper. My old friends...Yesterday was one of those days.

Anyway, I was laying in bed last night, and could feel my heart rate/pulse speed up and down, up and down...(its really, really quite scary...) and I decided that I'm done. Ix-nay on the affine-cay. No joke.

Now..one thing that this effects? My green tea pills. They do have some caffeine in them. So I'm going to have a trial period of say...a week, where I don't take the pills and see how I do weight-wise. Hopefully I won't backslide and start snacking and eating like a friggin' pig.

And hopefully my trip to the Doc today give me some insight, if you will, on what to do. Hopefully they'll give me some medication to help lower my blood pressure. Hopefully I won't have to sit at the pharmacy for too long.

I'm feeling very hopeful today.

I'll update later.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment