Friday, July 16, 2010

A loss, and Cabbage Soup.


Down again, woot! (Thank you, green tea!)


I'm down to 198! *YES!* -insert little happy dance-


Ok, so yep. I'm still losing weight! Which is awesome...anyways. Cabbage Soup.


I found this recipe online, on my very favorite cooking website, http://www.allrecipes.com/. It has a recipe for everything. I use it almost daily. Anyways, I was browsing...something. I don't even remember what anymore, when I came across a recipe called Cabbage Fat Burning Soup. Naturally, I had to look at it.


Basically, its a veggie soup, with tons of different vegetables in it, with a tomato base. It actually sounded pretty good (to a veggie lover like me...my hubby is a different matter entirely). So I scrolled down and read some reviews. One lady said she had been making this for her boyfriend for 3 months, and he only eats it once a day, having a small breakfast of whatever he wants, and a small sandwich for lunch, with this soup for dinner, and he had lost over 50 lbs!


Another woman said that she checked with a local hospital, and they confirmed that this is what they feed overweight patients who need to lose weight prior to a surgery.


Worth a try, if you ask me!


Its nothing to make, not really...and it does smell good! I figure that, even if I only eat one bowl a day...at only 90 calories/serving, that's pretty good!


I'll include the recipe, just in case there are any other freaky, veggie soup- lovers out there!


-5 carrots, chopped

-3 onions, chopped

-2 (16 oz) cans whole, peeled tomatoes

-1 lg head cabbage, chopped

-1 pkg dry onion soup mix

-1 (15 oz) can cut green beans (I omitted these...hubby won't even think about trying it if there are green beans...)

-2 qts tomato juice

-2 green bell peppers, diced

-10 stalks celery, chopped

-1 (14 oz) can beef broth


Place vegetables in stock pot. Add beef broth, tomato juice, and enough water to cover the vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in refrigerator for several days.



See? Easy Peasy. :)


I'll let you know how it tastes!


Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment