Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lemonade 2.0

So I guess its my turn now...My name is Liz, and, like Tina, I am a bookaholic...and I am a FOODIE! I am, I am. Just about anything to do with food, I love it. Cooking, eating, reading about it...its an addiction!

Right now, I weight more than I ever did in my life, with the exception of pregnancy. For many moons now, I've been wanting to change that! And I feel like I've tried, and tried, and tried so many different things, with little to no luck. So, yesterday I thought I'd try something new.

The Lemonade Diet is more of a cleanse/fast than a diet...although, I suppose a fast IS a diet...anyway. For 7-10 days, one does not eat. You drink at least 10 cups of this 'lemonade' everyday, with water in between glasses. Its a mixture of water, lemon juice, maple syrup and a dash of cayenne pepper. Easy enough, right?

Well, I was expecting it to taste really, really foul, you know? I mean...lemon juice with syrup??? EW! I was pleasantly surprised however...its really not that bad at all! Will I be able to keep it up for at least 5 more days? No clue. Will the hunger get so bad that I just want to give up? Probably. But I'm gonna try this, and try to keep it up til the end!

Maybe ridding my body of harmful toxins is just what I need to give me that kick into more weight loss!

I'm hoping that this blog (and Tina!) will keep me going. That, since I will have to document my failures for Tina, and possibly the rest of the world to see, that I won't give up. Hopefully it'll work.

BTW...THANKS Tina, for posting your weight...now I have to! BOO! (Still love you!) Right now, I am a whopping...(ya ready?) 201 lbs. EW! My end goal is that I'd like to lose 40 lbs. However, I know that setting myself up for that right now is too much. So, for now, I'd like to lose 15-20 lbs. Hopefully this will keep me on track!

Cheers!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment